Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) may provide a grant of legal assistance to:
- appeal a Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) decision,
- judicially review a decision of a public authority (including on Charter compliance grounds),
If the decision under challenge relates to VLA’s civil practice areas, including Residential Tenancy, Mental Health and Disability Act, and Equal Opportunity and the matter is of general or systemic importance.
- relevant .
- documentation that the decision under challenge is one of VLA’s civil practice areas.
- documentation/legal opinion that the matter is of general or systemic importance.
- documentation/legal opinion that there is a reasonable chance that the appeal will succeed, and
- the matter meets the .
Reviewed 26 April 2023