Victoria Legal Aid Handbook for Lawyers

Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) will not normally make a grant of legal assistance in any of the following:

  • Criminal law matters:
    • court applications for stays (see Criminal law guideline 8)
    • applications to a court for an order that VLA make a grant of assistance.
  • State family matters:
    • applications to revoke or vary orders if there are no proceedings.
  • Commonwealth family law matters:
    • change of name applications
    • preparation and filing of consent orders only.

Reviewed 18 February 2022

In this section