Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) will make a grant of legal assistance for a supervised treatment order (STO) under s. 191 of the (Vic) matter before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) if VLA is satisfied that you meet all of the following tests:
- Financial eligibility – you must meet the VLA . The test is explained .
- Your case – you must be seeking to:
- prevent the making of an order, or
- revoke an existing order, or
- obtain another improvement in the conditions of the order or treatment plan.
- How will your case turn out (merit) – there must be a reasonable chance that you will succeed and your case must meet the . The test is explained .
Reviewed 21 February 2022