Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) will make a grant of legal assistance for a guardianship and/or administration case in the Guardianship List of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and/or for an appeal from the tribunal’s decision if VLA is satisfied that you meet all of the following tests:
- Financial eligibility – you must meet the VLA . The test is explained .
- Your case – you must be seeking to:
- prevent the appointment or re-appointment of a guardian and/or of an administrator, or
- remove a guardian and/or administrator, or
- change the conditions of the order, or
- seek clarification from the tribunal about the order.
- How will your case turn our (merit) – there must be a reasonable chance that you will succeed and your case must meet the . The test is explained .
Reviewed 21 February 2022