Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) will provide a grant of assistance to you for a possession order application at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) if we are satisfied that you meet all of the following tests:
- Financial eligibility – you must meet the VLA . The test is explained .
- About you – you must be a tenant.
- Your case – the application must be due to tenant fault (other than for rent arrears).
- How will your case turn out (merit) – there must be a reasonable chance that you will succeed and your case must meet the . The test is explained .
- No alternative service (such as a VLA duty lawyer or other funded service) is available.
Reviewed 21 February 2022