Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) will provide a grant of legal assistance to:
- appeal a Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) decision, or
- judicially review a decision of a public authority (including on Charter compliance grounds),
if VLA is satisfied that you meet all of the following tests:
- Financial eligibility – you must meet the VLA . The test is explained .
- Your case – the decision under challenge must relate to VLA’s civil practice areas, including Residential Tenancy, Mental Health and Disability Act, and Equal Opportunity.
- How will your case turn out (merit) – there must be a reasonable chance that you will succeed and your case must meet the . The test is explained .
- The matter is of general or systemic importance.
Reviewed 21 February 2022